There are currently no full-time employment opportunities available.
Global Classrooms® DC (GCDC) is the flagship education program of the United Nations Association of the National Capital Area (UNA-NCA). Through original global education curriculum and mini-simulations, GCDC educates students grades 5-12 on current and pressing international issues and the work of the United Nations, while strengthening key skills including public speaking, negotiation, and writing. GCDC also organizes professional development workshops, and two Model UN Conferences including the Annual Spring Model UN Conference at the U.S. Department of State and the Fall Training Conference hosted at the Pan-American Health Organization (PAHO).
Please send your most up-to-date cover letter, resume/CV, and short writing sample (1-2 pages) to
In your email, please include the subject line "GCDC Summer Internship"
We strongly encourage you to visit our website to learn more about our program: unanca.org/what-we-do/global-classrooms-dc
International students are also strongly encouraged to apply. We accept applications from current students and recent graduates.
Deadline to apply for Summer is March 27th by 5 PM.
- Develop curriculum materials on international topics for middle and high school students to be used for Model UN conference preparation
- Research the role of the UN in selected international topics for curriculum materials (e.g. Climate Change, Human Rights of Refugees, Food Security, etc.)
- Research and develop grant applications for program fundraising
- Run social media outreach for GCDC
- Attend "UN Family" and partnership events on behalf of our program in DC, including UNIC, UN Foundation, and more
- Provide staff support at various UNA-NCA and GCDC events, including the UNA-USA annual meeting and possible partnership events
Skills and Experience
- Background and/or interest in education, curriculum development and non-profits
- Strong editing, writing, and communication skills
- Excellent research and organization skills
- A creative eye for design in our social media, curriculum, and more
- Minimum of 25-30 hours a week required
- International affairs background and/or interest preferred
- Model UN experience preferred, but not required
- Experience working with middle and high-school age groups preferred, but not required (elementary school experience accepted)
*This position is unpaid, but volunteer hours or school credit is available. Start and end dates are negotiable.