08 April 2017
Spring 2017 Young Professionals' Career Dinner Series
UNA-NCA invites you to the spring 2017 installment of its signature Young Professionals' Career Dinner Series!
This semi-annual event brings together young professionals with experts in their chosen fields to discuss career paths, share personal stories, and network. The evening begins with a networking reception at the United Nations Foundation, followed by separate topical dinners at UNF and at private homes in the DC Metro Area. Each dinner features distinguished speakers who will answer attendees' questions and offer advice based on experience in the industry. When:
Saturday, April 8
5:00 pm Networking Reception
7:00 pm Dinner Where:
United Nations Foundation
1750 Pennsylvania Ave NW, 12th floor
Washington, DC 20006 Cost:
$45 for members
$55 for non-members
$65 for non-members with UNA-NCA membership ($25-$50 value)
*Students under the age of 25 are eligible for free membership! Join here!
, Director, United Nations Information Center
To register, click on the dinner topic you are interested in.
Careers in Global Health - Only 7 Seats Left!
- Loyce Pace, President & Executive Director, Global Health Council
- Olumide Elegbe, Corporate and Foundation Relations, Management Sciences for Health, UNA-NCA Board Member
- Sangeeta Rana, Foreign Affairs Officer/AAAS Fellow, U.S. Department of State
Careers in International Law, Peace and Security
- Renee Dopplick, Editor for Inside Justice
- Leila Hanafi, International Attorney, UN Office for Project Services (UNOPS), World Bank Group
- Marcy Karin, Associate Professor of Law & Jack and Lovell Olender Director of the Legislation Clinic, University of the District of Columbia, David A. Clarke School of Law
- Karen Mulhauser, Past UNA-USA Chair, Past UNA-NCA President
Careers in Human Rights
- Ryan Kaminski, Senior Program Manager, Human Rights and Special Initiatives for UNA-USA/UN Foundation
- Additional speaker TBC
Careers in Sustainable Development
- Only 7 Seats Left!
- Christina Bruff, Senior Economic Action Officer, Bureau of International Organization Affairs, U.S. Department of State
- Jacob Grover, Senior Policy Advisor, Department of Policy and Evaluation, Millennium Challenge Corporation
- Jodi-Kaye Wade, Small Business Specialist, Office of Small & Disadvantaged Business Utilization (OSDBU), USAID; UNA-NCA Board Member
Refugees and Humanitarian Response - Only 7 Seats Left!
- Dawn Calabia, Honorary Senior Advisor to Refugees International, UNA-NCA Board Member
- Faith Akovi Cooper, Regional Advisor/Program Director, West Africa Disaster Preparedness Initiative (WADPI), Kofi Annan International Peacekeeping Training Centre (KAIPTC), Department of Defense -United States Africa Command (USAFRICOM) Disaster Preparedness Program (DPP)
- Michael R. Marsh, Regional Director, Foundation & Institutional Advisor for The Northern Trust Company, UNA-NCA Board Member
Careers in the UN - Only 8 Seats Left!
- Fernando Flores, Program Officer, Regional Office for the United States and the Caribbean, UN Refugee Agency (UNHCR)
- Felipe Munevar, Head of Office, Office of Project Services (UNOPS)
- Fatou Ndoye, Acting Regional Director, North America Office, UN Environment Program (UNEP)
- Robert Skinner, Director, UN Information Center (UNIC)
Gender and Advocacy - Only 4 Seats Left!
- Lyric Thompson, Director of Policy and Advocacy, International Center for Research on Women, UNA-NCA Board Member
- Susan Markham, Partner, Smash Strategies
Careers in Communications and Advocacy - Only 7 Seats Left!
- Lorine Ghabranious, USAID Learning Fellow
- Melissa Kaplan, Advocacy Officer, Action Against Hunger (ACF-USA), UNA-NCA Board Member